From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This is not only a stub. It is just incorrect. What is described is a fistula. A fissure is a scratch which goes beyound the epidermis.

Fissure isn't only a medical word, it's also used in geology. anybody with any more info on that?

WikiProject Anatomy (Rated Start-class, Low-importance)
WikiProject iconThis article is within the scope of WikiProject Anatomy, a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Anatomy on Wikipedia. If you would like to participate, please visit the project page, where you can join the discussion and see a list of open tasks.
Start-Class article Start  This article has been rated as Start-Class on the project's quality scale.
 Low  This article has been rated as Low-importance on the project's importance scale.
Taskforce icon
This article has not yet been associated with a particular anatomical discipline.
Note icon
This article has been marked as needing an infobox.
Note icon
This page has been marked as needing an image.

Fissure vs fistula?[edit]

A fistula is a TEAR or abnormal event; a fissure is a normal condition: From "fissure" is a depression in a surface crack: a long narrow opening break into fissures or fine cracks; (anatomy) a long narrow slit or groove that divides an organ into lobes. I hope this clears up the confusion from the above entry.Raymondwinn (talk) 04:56, 21 June 2010 (UTC)


Request to redirect the word "Fissure" to "Fissure (disambiguation)" whereas this content should be under the name "Fissure (anatomy)". (talk) 20:08, 12 December 2012 (UTC)