Alborn Township, St. Louis County, Minnesota
Alborn Township, Minnesota
|• Total||35.2 sq mi (91.3 km2)|
|• Land||34.5 sq mi (89.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.7 sq mi (1.8 km2)|
|Elevation||1,345 ft (410 m)|
|• Density||13/sq mi (5.0/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0663406|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 35.2 square miles (91 km2); 34.5 square miles (89 km2) is land and 0.7 square miles (1.8 km2), or 1.96%, is water.
The Artichoke River flows through the township.
The following are adjacent to Alborn Township :
- New Independence Township (east)
- Ness Township (west)
- Industrial Township (southeast)
- Culver Township (south)
- Arrowhead Township (southwest)
- Meadowlands Township (north and northwest)
- Northland Township (northeast)
As of the census of 2000, there were 399 people, 153 households, and 115 families living in the township. The population density was 11.6 people per square mile (4.5/km²). There were 260 housing units at an average density of 7.5/sq mi (2.9/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 90.23% White, 5.51% Native American, 0.25% Asian, 0.50% Pacific Islander, and 3.51% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.50% of the population.
There were 153 households out of which 30.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 66.7% were married couples living together, 6.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.2% were non-families. 20.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.61 and the average family size was 3.00.
In the township the population was spread out with 24.3% under the age of 18, 10.3% from 18 to 24, 25.6% from 25 to 44, 27.1% from 45 to 64, and 12.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females, there were 108.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 101.3 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $42,500, and the median income for a family was $51,458. Males had a median income of $31,827 versus $27,292 for females. The per capita income for the township was $18,953. About 1.8% of families and 5.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.6% of those under age 18 and 6.7% of those age 65 or over.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Race, Hispanic or Latino, Age, and Housing Occupancy: 2010 Census Redistricting Data (Public Law 94-171) Summary File (QT-PL), Alborn township, St. Louis County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American FactFinder 2. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved August 23, 2011.